We have determined that some people in campus use just one side of the paper, and we wanted to make both sides of the paper to be used. In order to achieve that, we decided to place the KUSCOP Reuse Point so that people would share one side used papers. While we were searching for the right location for the Reuse Point, we have observed that a lot of students are in need of draft paper in the library. As a consequence of our observations in library and negotiations with Suna Kıraç Library administration, we decided on basement floor as the location of the Reuse Point. Then, we have conducted a feasibility study to make final decisions. In order to draw students’ attention, we have designed a poster including information about reusing and recycling. After the implementation of the KUSCOP Reuse Point, we aim to provide draft paper to students in library and to reduce the use of paper while giving some useful information about sustainability.
-Switching from the font ‘Arial’ to ‘Century Gothic’ saves 30% ink on printing– More energy is wasted in the UK’s electricity generation system than is consumed to heat all of the UK’s homes
– There is up to 30 times more gold in a ton of old mobile phones than in a ton of gold ore
– Around 16,000 liters of water is consumed to make just 1 kg of beef
– Recycling a single 330 ml aluminum drink can save enough energy to power a TV for over 3 hours
– Recycling a single 500 ml aluminum beer can saves enough energy to power a TV for over 4 hours
– It takes around 2,700 liters of water to make a single cotton t-shirt